Venice, Italy is archipelago of 117 islands formed by 177 canals in a shallow lagoon, connected by 409 bridges. In the old centre, the canals serve the function of roads, and almost every form of transport is on water or on foot.
VENICE | INFRASTRUCTURE
VENICE | DINING
VENICE | HOTELS
VENICE | AIRBNB
VENICE | PHARMACIES
VENICE | PLAZAS & OPEN SPACES & MARKETS
VENICE | BRIDGES
(similar to Xiong’An with huge area of lake)
- How to attract variety of culture and people to gather in Xiong An? by designing green spaces ( attractive to these people)
- How green spaces/ green connectivity create proximity and sparks the willingness of people to enjoy the rich culture of future XiongAn?
– Proximity between people and culture
– Proximity between people and daily necessities (Conveniency)
– Proximity between people and natural environment
- How is green spaces be connected by the water element and how can water element be connected by the green spaces? *
– Blurring the edge between water and land (greens) *any other city recommendation?*
- How are the above elements be integrated into the design of Xiong’An to create a safe, comfortable, easy and highly accessible walkable city?
- Implementation of CAR-FREE ZONES x.
To MINIMIZE the land-use for transportation needs and MAXIMIZE the area for green spaces/ pocket parks and pedestrian areas for a more sustainable approach.
A SAFE PEDESTRIAN CONDITION WITH GREEN BUFFER & STREET ARRANGEMENT
1. Machine Learning to shape the green connections around the existing water element according the main infrastructure/ human flow to create better relationship of human and natural environment.
– Evaluating human flow in few significant areas in Xiong An
– Analysing Traffic flow – to create bigger roads